Thursday, September 11, 2014

In remembrance ...


My blogpost today was on a Happy topic. As I logged in, realize the date .. 9/11...

13 years gone by and yet the images come up like it was yesterday. I was at work, and I remember my colleague asking me.. what's your take on it? I asked him "what do you mean?" He asked, "you know, all the bombing etc?"

I thought to myself, do I need to have a take on this? And I realized,  he is THE intern in the company .. the golden eyed kid that everyone loved. The intern that the rest of us interns had to compete with.

I told him;  "I don't have any take on this. I have dealt and heard about religious warfare ever since I can remember. It is a feeling of violation and annoyance that I don't know how to put in words."

He had the quizzical look on his face.   I grabbed my coffee and went back to my nook.

In remembrance of all that was lost and in honor of everyone who is doing their best to make this world a better place I invite you to listen to this talk on TED.com www.ted.com   It's about how one person chose peace in the most adverse situation. He was taught animosity and yet he found love and friendships. It is impressive and humbling.

Reaffirms the belief that life can spring in the most dire situations.

CHOOSE LIFE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment