Thursday, May 22, 2014

The C word!

I am not talking about the 174th episode of House or the words our kids are forbidden to say. I am talking about the new C word.. a word that I have been hearing very often for the past year now. It is what the doctors call the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in our body.  Abnormal cells, what are they anyway and quite honestly I don't care. 

I am just tired of the C word occurring in the lives of people I know. It's been an ongoing process for the past year now.. every two months I find out. Good, honest people. People who pay their bills, say their  prayers, work hard, love hard and laugh out loud so often and yet they have to deal with C word called Cancer.   I just don't get it. 

This blogpost is dedicated to all those who are fighting this disease, with two people I know in particular. A cousin and a friend. More than reading this, I want you to keep them and their families in your prayers and I am hoping that with the collective global prayers, the gods of the world will be forced to wave their magic wands and make this disease go away.  

If you are wondering, Yes I do believe Santa Claus. 

To them who are fighting, all I want to say is: 

You are rare and unique
You inspire me daily
You make me laugh with your funny posts and messages
You are full of energy and radiate positivity like no other I know. 

I have no doubt that you will conquer this with your sheer drive
I know for a fact that you will thrive. 

It is a fight I know, but you are strong and your energy is limitless. Cancer cannot touch your soul, it cannot cripple the love around you, it cannot change the friendships you have built and it cannot take away your courage and strength. 

ALWAYS REMEMBER You are going to Live to Win!  



No comments:

Post a Comment